It is no secret that Davide Giugliano is one of the most effective drivers to turn in SBK, but think it could be done with the Superpole in the 2015 Italian Grand Prix at Imola after three months of standing injury is truly amazing.
The Ducati rider has not had unceremoniously and with a time of 1’46.382 was beaten by 84 thousandths 2013 champion Tom Sykes and current championship leader with Kawasaki Jonathan Rea. Chaz Davies was fourth three-tenths, so you will need to scramble after being comfortable in this early season with pilots in the box below.
The best Spanish rider Jordi Torres has been a creditable sixth in a circuit that did not know. However the Catalan Aprilia has run a second time head, it seems far from being seen for the podium performance Ducati and Kawasaki in this scenario. It also lacks experience to keep up with his teammate Leon Haslam.
David Salom was tenth with a satellite Kawasaki not particularly positive, while Roman Ramos and Santi Barragan will seek to score points from 16th and 18th position respectively.
Imola SBK 2015 Times Rating
- 34 GIUGLIANO Davide Ducati Panigale R 1’46.382
- 66 SYKES Tom Kawasaki ZX-10R +0.084
- 65 REA Jonathan Kawasaki ZX-10R +0.121
- 7 DAVIES Chaz Ducati Panigale R +0.290
- 91 HASLAM Leon Aprilia RSV4 RF +0.472
- 81 TORRES Jordi Aprilia RSV4 RF +1.012
- 36 MERCADO Leandro Ducati Panigale R +1.246
- 86 BADOVINI Ayrton BMW S1000 RR +1.765
- 60 VD MARK Michael Honda CBR1000RR SP +1.843
- 44 SALOM David Kawasaki ZX-10R +2.142
- 22 LOWES Alex Suzuki GSX-R1000 +2.348
- 2 CAMIER Leon MV Agusta 1000 F4
- 84 FABRIZIO Michel Ducati Panigale R
- 15 BAIOCCO Matteo Ducati Panigale R
- 1 GUINTOLI Sylvain Honda CBR1000RR SP
- 40 RAMOS Román Kawasaki ZX-10R
- 14 DE PUNIET Randy Suzuki GSX-R1000
- 51 BARRAGÁN Santiago Kawasaki ZX-10R
- 23 PONSSON Christophe Kawasaki ZX-10R
- 59 CANEPA Niccolo Kawasaki ZX-10R