Yamaha FZ1 A Street Motorcycle
Yamaha FZ Series having little history but quite good and successful for the road bike riding lovers
Yamaha product the name of quality. Today we are going to discuss a strange model from the FZ series. The Yamaha FZ1 is a street motorcycle manufactured by Yamaha in Japan Corp. Yamaha also produces many version for smaller 600 cc of this motorcycle called the FZ6 and a 800 cc version called the FZ8.
The Yamaha FZ1 was manufactured for the USA in 2001. This Models manufactured in the period 2001 to 2005 were known as FZS1000 Fazer in Europe later a black engine was presented and this was called the FZS1000S. Company had a modified Yamaha motor in a steel tubular frame and the FZ1 was carbureted. Yamaha Company was virtually unchanged over this period, excluding for different color choices. In specific European countries the model 2005 saw the overview of an exhaust based catalytic converter, although of an elementary design.
There are some virtual changes made like new suspension, chassis, body work and a completely new engine, not ever seen previously in the big Fazer. The Cast aluminum die-cast diamond-shaped frame with the engine as stressed member replaced the older tubular steel frame along with a control-filled die-cast swingarm. This brought the bike up to date with modern rivals. The new model has a 998 cc DOHC 20-valve engine from the 2004–2006 R1 tuned for better midrange torque, set in an all-new compact diamond-shaped aluminum frame. Greatest of this engine is identical to the sister YZF-R1’s.
The primary internal changes are a 40% heavier crankshaft and revised balance shaft. New camshafts with reduced lift and duration aim to boost performance at lower revs, and the gearbox’s top two ratios are taller to give a more relaxed feel at cruising speeds.
But now Yamaha FZ1 model 2014 having versatile changes features. The main features are below
Yamaha FZ1 ultimate street brawler brings 998cc of fuel-injected power to the fray, in a light-and-strong aluminum frame.
Yamaha FZ1 has sculpted bodywork and a comfortable handlebar position for great looks and rider comfort.
FZ1 has fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or urban assault.
Yamaha FZ1 has compact design, 998cc DOHC 20-valve engine is tuned for tremendous mid-range punch and massive top-end power.
Having fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttle valves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.
Yamaha has closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
Yamaha FZ1 compression is narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio.
Yamaha FZ1 has other extra number of best features are under
- Carburized connecting rods with fracture split big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
- High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder lining reduces friction and maximizes heat dissipation for consistent power delivery.
- Four-into two-into one short-style exhaust system with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®), a stainless catalizer and 02 sensor. Delivers outstanding power throughout the FZ1’s broad rpm range while meeting all emissions regulations.
- Race-inspired curved radiator with twin ring-style fans keeps everything cool under all conditions.
- Aggressive chassis geometry with Supersport inspired 51 percent front wheel weight bias. Provides quick and nimble handling.
- Fuel Tank capacity the short 4.8-gallon allow the rider to move into a forward position. Rider forward ergonomics move the rider into a position of great control.
- Cast aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member. Allows for optimal rigidity, light weight, and superb handling.
- Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with six mounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
- Controlled-Fill aluminum swingarm. Lightweight and tuned for excellent handling and tire grip; looks great, too.
- Having fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or urban assault.
- 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers up front and a single 245mm rear disc serve up strong and consistent stopping power.
- Removable sub frame for easy maintenance and detachable passenger foot pegs for even more stripped-down style.
- Light, five-spoke wheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear, complete the look and serve up the traction.
- Additional Features:
- Half-cowl fairing design features aggressive eye-catching naked bike profile.
- High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, dual trip meter with miles on reserve function, odometer, water temperature and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
- Two-piece seat serves up great comfort.
- Passenger grabrails provide passenger comfort while maintaining an aggressive appearance.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
- Dual 12V 60/55-watt multireflector headlight features a sleek, profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
I hope you find the best features about the Yamaha FZ1 street motorcycle. Let us know your views regarding these images, please post your comments below.